- Choose an EXPERIENCED AGENT– The last 7 years have been some of the most challenging years in real estate in history. An agent that has successfully navigated this trying real estate market has the tools and experience to get you to the closing table despite the current market challenges. A Realtor who has taken time off the last several years and is just now getting back in to the business has not developed the skills necessary to handle today’s transactions.
- Choose a FULL TIME AGENT– Is Real Estate Sales your agent’s full time career? If real estate is only their part time job, they may not be available to follow up on buyer leads, show your home, attend appraisals, etc.
- Choose a FULL SERVICE AGENT– Your agent should walk you through the entire home selling process from marketing, through the transaction and attend the closing with you. This is what they do every day, so you should feel free to ask questions and be met with friendly customer service.
- Choose an AGENT WHO WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH– You want an agent who has the market research and knowledge as well as the confidence to tell you truthfully what it will take to sell your home. This involves accurate pricing and staging. An agent who will attempt to “buy” your listing (list for too high or discount their compensation) will not represent you best in negotiations with a potential buyer. If they are knowledgeable and savvy with you, you can be confident they will put those expert negotiation skills to work FOR YOUR BENEFIT as well.
- Choose an AGENT WHO IS WELL RESPECTED BY HER PAST CLIENTS– In this technology age, word of mouth is still worth GOLD! An agent with positive testimonials and a track record of satisfied clients will be most successful selling your home to your delight and satisfaction as well.
- Choose an AGENT WITH A GREAT RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER REALTORS LOCALLY AND NATIONALLY– The best agents have a track record of creating WIN-WIN TRANSACTIONS, maintaining their professionalism and integrity, and other real estate professionals LOVE working with them.
- Choose a LOCAL AGENT- Does your agent know your local schools, churches, restaurants, service professionals, etc.? Has your agent sold homes in your area in the recent past? Out of area Realtors will not only lack knowledge about the community, they also will be lacking buyers in their own database looking to purchase in your area.
- CHOOSE A “TEAM”- Agents who are successful enough to hire administrative personnel, buyer’s agents, lead generation and lead follow-up professionals, etc., will provide more services to you and be more available to perform important tasks to sell your home successfully.
- Do NOT GO IT ALONE- A professional Real Estate Consultant is needed now more than ever. While anyone can easily find a potential buyer for a home nowadays with inventory so low, it is nearly impossible for a homeowner to successfully navigate an entire transaction effectively and get to the closing table on their own. 89% of For Sale By Owner Transactions never make it to the closing table. An experienced professional is crucial to “bullet proof” the transaction and make sure you get your home SOLD for the MOST MONEY in the SHORTEST TIME.
The Light Team at Keller Williams Realty serves HOME SELLERS and BUYERS THROUGHOUT the communities of Central Florida. From Windermere to Lake Nona and Wedgefield, to Lake Mary/Longwood and St. Cloud, the Light Team has the tools and experience to get your home SOLD. Call/Text/Email Jim or Carey today!